0 miles from Lake Shasta
Shasta Lakeshore Retreat # 1 and #2
LOCATION DOES NOT GET BETTER.
BEST TWO HOMES AT SHASTA NEXT TO EACH OTHER.
The SHASTA LAKESHORE RETREAT consists the three best lakefront homes next to each other on Shasta Lake. These solid 5 star rated homes (see 100+ reviews on the individual VRBO sites and our web site. This is a special place for all to enjoy on the BEST lake in California (FULL IN 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and expect again this year, always flat water easy to find, 80-90 degrees in summer, 365 miles of shoreline) and located on the most desirable part of the lake (upper Sacramento arm in the wonderful community of Lakehead). These lake houses can be rented together for a party as great a 24 guests or separately as Retreat #1 (VRBO# 755925) or Retreat #2 (VRBO#926144). If additional space is needed, we have a third home that sleeps another 12 (VRBO#1799588). We also know the owners of other homes across the street (although not lakefront).
Our three homes are right next to each other and are the all are very close to Sugarloaf Marina via a short walk. Both homes are well maintained, bright and have the best views in the area. Hardwood floors, big windows and large decks to enjoy the views. Please book early if interested in our unique homes on the lake....best 1 year ahead.
- 7 bedrooms, 4 full baths, Two Family/Kitchen main Areas and a media/kids room
- 4 large beautiful Lakeview decks (two brand new) with mature tree shading (upper and lower floor) and even water misters for the warmest days. View of lake, marina, mountains and wildlife from Decks.
- Easy RV/Boat Parking, plenty of parking for multiple cars/boats.
- Quiet family vacation neighborhood
- Two hot tub/spas
- Two fire pits, two BBQ, two heat lamps, two ice chests
- Wood burning fireplace and pellet stove
- Boat launch is very short drive (less than 1/4 mile)...next door
- Marina has great boat slips for $25 a night (inquire with us). Great way to enjoy lakefront vacationing. Leave the boat...Walk back and forth.
- Although water does drop like any reservoir, you can always see the lake and marina from decks (no houses in front as we are on the shoreline).
- Six large HD flat screen TVs and DVRs (DirectTV) plus Blue-Ray/DVD and Netflix
- Fast Internet wifi...in both homes.
- Two sets of Washer/Dryers
- Retreat #1 (VRBO 755925) includes
- TOP FLOOR at driveway level (only small step up from deck) including kitchen, dining area and living area with big windows and great views. This is the main room. Couch in living area is a pull out and sleeps 2. Also master bedroom with queen bed. Bathroom. Largest of two decks with table, chairs, gas firepit and gas BBQ.
- LOWER FLOOR includes a bedroom with a queen bed, another bedroom with two twin beds, full bathroom, family/media room with pull out couch. This room walks out to second deck with spa/hot tub plus views of the lake and property. Note that these stairs are steeper than normal. Need to be careful with elderly/small children.
- Retreat #2 (VRBO 926144) Offers:
- MIDDLE FLOOR at driveway level including kitchen, dining area and living area with big windows and great views. This is the main room. Couch, Big Chair, TV, Wood Fireplace, Bar Sitting and full bath. Also a large master bedroom with king bed, TV and romantic sitting area with lake views and a full bathroom. Large deck spanning the entire back of house. Gas BBQ, gas firepit, Two Patio Table plus 12 Chairs and 2 Bar Stools at the View Bar.
- TOP FLOOR includes a good sized bedroom with a queen bed plus a second large loft/room with four full size beds and a TV. Both rooms have great views of the lake. Note that these stairs are steeper than normal. Need to be careful with elderly/small children.
- BOTTOM FLOOR includes a 4th Bedroom/den with its own private entrance and great views of the lake. Includes a TV and a futon that can sleep 2 more. There is a cement patio outside of this room. This room has a queen size bed. Hot tub.
- Location offers summer temperatures on the decks and around the houses that are about 10-15 degree less than just up the hill at one of the other rentals because of mature trees/shade and proximity to lake. This is a BIG plus for Shasta in the Summer!
- Air conditioners, ceiling fans, extra fans if needed, heater, wood pellet stove, fireplace.
- Watch deer and other wildlife every day as you sit on the deck enjoying your coffee in the morning or your drink of choice in the evening.
- Path/trail to marina and the water's edge
- Seasonal Rushing Creek through Retreat #1 into lake
- There are also endless back country roads for ATVs and hunters. We drive our ATVs directly from the cabin down the road to the dirt road.
- These two homes have many recent upgrades include (Internet, HD TVs, Painted Exterior, Painted Interior, New Roof, New Wood Shutters, Blinds and Shades throughout, Enlarged Photos on Canvas of local area throughout the home, upgraded bar stools, some new windows, and a two new decks). Plus a brand new stove and large refrigerator in Retreat 2.
- ADDITIONAL PHOTOS can be provided
OUR OTHER HOME (SAME AWESOME LOCATION):
Retreat #3: vrbo/1799588
- Sleeps up to 12
- 4 bedrooms/lofts and 2 baths (~1800 sq feet)
Notes: this is a wonderful place but there are several things we want to make sure our guests understand:
1. The homes have a trail to the water's edge and marina but the elderly should avoid and children should not be left alone.
2. There is wildlife so please be aware for children and pets.
3. Although Lake Shasta is the best lake for watersports, swimming, fishing and general boating in California, it is a reservoir like many lakes in California. The water is let out all year long into the Sacramento river which supplies water to many parts of the state. This pushes our distance from the lake house to the water out as the level drops. Fortunately even in terrible drought years (like 2015), the house still has a view of the lake (unlike some parts of the lake which dry up entirely). For 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 the lake filled to top....as we expect 2020 will also do.
4. The lower water levels might make the boat ramp several hundred yards further. and will make the walk to the marina a little longer. Even back in 2015 after a 4 year drought, when it was the lowest, It still took us 45-60 minutes to drive our boat at speed from one end to the other.....There was plenty of famous Shasta GREAT water. In 2016 it filled up!
5. The decks are high off the ground. Although they have railings as you would expect, if you have children, you need to watch them all the time outside as a fall from the deck would be a serious or life threatening fall.
5. The stairways to some of the floors are steep. If you have elderly staying with you, we do not recommend having them stay on the main floor.